Are you feeling burned out from endless video meetings hunched over a laptop? I was until I got Neat Frame and everything, and I mean everything, changed!
I'm Simon, and I used to be a freelance creative writer before joining Neat full-time as Marketing Communications Manager last May.
Here's the thing: I'm not a designer, but I love products. Especially ones that look great and make my life a lot easier. So, I've been dying to get my hands on Neat Frame ever since the brilliant Neat R&D team began developing it.
This was me before using Neat Frame:
I was fatigued, with slight neck, shoulder and backache and not too keen on seeing myself onscreen, dimly lit, and at an unflattering angle.
All that radically changed a few weeks ago, though, when I finally managed to bag a Neat Frame. To be clear, Neat Frame is a brand-new device that I've been writing about in other blogs and content. See here, for example.
But writing about, hearing or seeing something is nothing compared to experiencing it yourself, right? And wow, what an experience!
OK, full disclosure, being part of Neat, you could say I'm biased. However, hand on heart, Neat Frame is bloody fantastic! It's especially ideal for someone like me who's limited to working within a small space, be it at home or the office.
Here are the top five things I love about Neat Frame so far:
- I couldn't believe how easy it was to set up. Of all the devices I've ever owned, including dozens of plug-and-play Apple products, Neat Frame has got to be the simplest by far. After a much-anticipated unboxing experience, I plugged it in, connected it to my Wi-Fi, and BAM! I was into my first video meeting in under a minute. Incredible!
- Because Neat Frame is a portrait-oriented device, the camera's at eye level, so it perfectly frames me. Unlike the webcam on my laptop, it feels more natural, and therefore I'm more at ease. And whether I lean backwards or forwards, stand up or walk around, the auto-tracking instinctively follows me, keeping me faultlessly framed. Magic!
- Thanks to a cleverly integrated handle at the top rear of the device, I can unplug my Neat Frame and easily move it to another room, depending on where I feel most inspired to work or where I can avoid domestic distractions. As I live in a relatively small apartment, having that kind of flexibility is fantastic.
- The audio quality is simply superb. The difference between hearing sound through my laptop speakers versus my Neat Frame is the equivalent of playing music on my iPhone rather than pairing it with my Sonos speaker. The audio output on Neat Frame is warm, rich and precise. It almost seems like the people on video are in the room with me. Amazing!
- I'm thrilled that Neat Frame liberates my laptop. Before, suppose I needed to reference or read something out during a video meeting. In that case, I'd have to shuffle numerous windows around, often breaking my train of thought and obscuring those I was talking to. Now, I'm far less flustered and more focused with Neat Frame to my left and my laptop to the right.
As we all know, society has changed, and work will never be the same. Hybrid working and video tech are here to stay. Therefore, you must ask yourself, "Do I want to spend much of my working days peering into a laptop and seeing only second-rate images of myself, teammates and others staring back at me? Or do I want a video meeting experience aligned with the future ways of working?"
Aside from everything mentioned, Neat Frame has many other redeeming features that I could go on about for hours. But why not speak to one of our sales team and find out first-hand like me. We offer a 30-day trial period where you can get your money back if you're not entirely convinced or converted.
Neat Frame is available in just a few weeks at the end of January. You can find out more, pre-order or chat with one of my teammates here.